The rains and sunshines of my life: Budding, blooming, and withering...

Thursday, March 02, 2006

'Thrilling' Thursday... *ahem*

I have been given the chance to do some training for the new girl. Wah seh... But I think I am a real lousy teacher/coach/trainer (look at Ong's badminton skill, but I guess her case is not a good measure of my teaching skill but rather her learning ability). Haha... Aniwei, all in all I think she got my point on how (its the easiest task mah) to do it. But then wen we were about to save the file, found out she only got read access. Aiyoh, was standing hovering over her comp and demonstrating the whole darn long process. Aniwei, I have just finish redoing it on my comp.
Ahah! I have finally settled in my new seat. Aiyoh, in the end still pindah rumah (move house). Cos loh, too many ppl wana sardine there (SPC section) liaw so this poor trainee kena (been) kicked out. Aniwei, I am now sitting with the senior staffs! Erm… the environment is a bit grim (seniors mah, more ‘pro’). And poor ED is totally gone. Out of sight. I guess he went to his lab oredi loh. More peace than to move here and there every now and then. Kinda miss the crazy & stressful environment in SPC section (I am currently handing over SPC to JU, after that move (as in officially involve) in this senior Reliability section!). Wat am I saying? I must be out of my mind to miss the pull-hair-out & bang-your-head-on-the-wall environment.

A new engineer will be arriving soon. He will sit next to me (ED’s seat). But dunno how soon. As I have said before, this seat, or rather ED’s seat (my current one is just next to ED’s ex-seat) is not so ‘strategic’. Well, wat I mean is it’s very open, no privacy, so ppl can walk pass, glance at your monitor and see wat u doing (eg: blog/ surf net / steal bone- Malay saying of lazy).

And at that point, I was ‘surprised’ by DY’s approach from behind (told u its not ‘strategic’, u can’t even see who’s coming towards u! My previous seat, I can ‘see’ with the end of my eye whoever approaching within the vicinity of 1 meter.). She passed me UTP letter of visit. I passed to SJU and she asked me to pass to SH. SH ar… aih better don comment la later ppl misunderstand as they owes do. ;P Aniwei, I think he was in the midst of bone-stealing… hehe ;P

Oh, I have been answering phone calls non-stop. Nope, I have not achieved that level of popularity in 1Si. It’s that guy’s who previously sat here. Apparently, our personal line (we all get one, yes even me) is not changed yet so I keep getting his call. And this guy (Chinese but mixed and he doesn’t look Chinese at all) seems to have multiple names! Ok, I noe (just only found out) his official name (Chinese one) but when ppl came up with something inaudible (plus noisy background) and non-Chinese/English name, I tot she got the wrong line but nevertheless I redirected her to JL’s extension (his current seat) and I hope the name she repeated is his. Ish, I bet that he (dat guy whose seat I take) doesn’t even noe my name if any calls come for me, which is also good since I malas wanna entertain anyone on the phone, mails wud be better. I can choose wen to reply, gives me more time.

It’s no more rainy/ stormy. HOT season. Just these few days la. It still rains, but drizzles (and cant overcome the strong blazing sun) I think and usually by the time wake up can oni see wet ground no more rain. Las nite really hot cos I din on air cond. Kinda uncomfortable since I can’t take too much heat, nor can I deal with the dryness or air cond. But however hot, its never gonna be anywhere near Tronoh, the land of crisp dry and burning hot. I can’t imagine how I am gonna adapt back after IT. I rmr my first experience there during special sem / 1st year… Erm, not too memorable.

Kla, nthg much, xcept I still can’t wait to graduate. Still working out on how to get off Petronas hook, FREE dat is or with the least payment. Can sumone explain my anxiety to graduate? Bsides the fact I am free frm UTP? Might got to do with freedom I think I’ll have. Yeah right, working life is so much of ‘freedom’. I’ve never anticipated anything more these days…

No comments: