The rains and sunshines of my life: Budding, blooming, and withering...

Monday, March 20, 2006

Freezing Monday

Today, as I was editing my weekly report template, it reminds me I’m already in Week 16! Phewww… That’s half way through my internship already. How was it? I don’t think I learn a LOT regarding EE stuff since most stuff here are confidential. A bit maybe, on the surface only. So, now I’m half way through, I have another half to go. Ironically, I’d want the IT to finish as soon as possible yet I dread, okay make it loathed the idea of going back UTP. I have no idea how I lived there for 4 years. My activities in UTP are basically go classes, drama-thon, badminton, occasional movies, last minute cramming, projects, owl-sleep-hours routine… Feels so no-life. Mere thinking of it makes me feel so depressed. On the other hand, I can’t wait to graduate which can only be achieved if I go back and suffer another UTP year. Argghh… I think I can safely say, the last day of my final paper in my final term will be my happiest day (or among) in my life. Yes, you just have no idea how much I love that place.

Contrary to how I feel for UTP, I very much love (no sarcasm ok) St Teresa. Anytime I walk in there, I can almost hear the chats and jokes we all make. I can ‘see’ us walking out of classes, how we stuff illegal stuff up our ties, or offering blazers to hide them (clears throat… okay Teresian juniors, this is a bad example, looks right and left.. no teachers around? and whispers but it is useful…) or even prefects cuddling the posts (as Mdm Sandie say). I went there once when it was quite late, and I can ‘see’ all choral speakers rushing (in the rain) to go to main hall for night practice. See, I even have night memories of it. In short, I feel home whenever I walk into St Teresa. But she has changed much. Even our principal, Mr. Tan, the Mr. Ever-Nice guy is no longer there. And if you haven’t visited her, you might not know that the shaded carpark has been cut into half where there is a gate in the middle you can enter directly instead of turning a whole big round to the main gate. It is all shaded, means no umbrella also okay, you can walk from classes all the way to carpark without going into open air. But when I walk into UTP, I can only see one thing; the next chance I get to step out of it. Hehe…

I am changing department (yeah, I know I’ve said it many times) in April (see that’s new right?). This is because they think I’ve grasp enough basic to be doing testing of wafers and electrical stuff in FAB. So I hope that is a bit more EE-benefiting. I’m supposed to do a project, and I’ve brought it up to HM like infinite to the power of infinite times but she gave me “ You won’t finish it in time, I can’t guarantee you a project… bla, bla, bla rubbish.” over and over. No wonder she didn’t dare to come to meet Ms Suhaila. And I’m probably getting to her nerve so I’d better stay quiet for a moment. -_-"

I think she can break it down, or just create a surface project (like study/research) on her BIG, BIG projects. It’s not hard right. It’s just that she doesn’t bother. And so now I’m trying to propose my own project base on goodness knows what. If only she’d let me take a look on the BIG, BIG projects, maybe I can do and finish it in time (since I’ve always finished their work in half or 1/3 of the time they thought reasonable). Or if not, at least I can brainstorm my mini project based on her BIG, BIG projects. May be her projects are confidential.

Well, weekend was… blank. Haha.. okay, I mean I don’t even know how weekend fly past so fast. Feels like I did nothing or maybe did lots till I feel weekend-less. This has got to stop. Every week I complain of the same thing, being weekend-less. I can’t have a whole 32 weeks of internship weekend-less. I’m going to find some weekend this week. Today I’m going to freeze. Forgot my jacket. I knew I was missing something but just couldn’t figure it out. I had told the maid to put my jacket in once she had washed it, but she forgot I guess. Can’t blame her, since I’m the one freezing, I should remember.

No comments: