The rains and sunshines of my life: Budding, blooming, and withering...

Friday, March 17, 2006

The Gift of Sight

One evening I fancied a stroll,
Down the street, then into the mall,
A kid came dancing I wonder how old,
He smiled at me and also to all.

Never have I seen a gayer soul,
His joy so warm in the winter’s cold.
His bliss so strong, I could almost feel,
Without warning, he came to my heel.

His little palm slipped into mine,
His boyish face with a naïve shine,
“Lost…” he said in a tiny whine,
I clasped his palm with assuring sign.

Together we trotted along the path,
His silly jokes got me to laugh,
He truly had my day brightened,
But then he halted, his steps frozen.

I feared and asked “What happened?”
He sighed but still remained silent,
His smile feeble no longer radiant,
I said “You’ll be home before sky darkened.”

He shook his head vigorously,
He freed his hands from mine slowly,
He lifted his finger uncertainly,
Pointing my heart, he whispered gently.

“It's freezing in here incessantly,
You’re hiding in there so cowardly,
Listen to your laugh very carefully,
You’ll find it teary, never jolly.”

My soul awaken,
My heart molten,
The first warmth shone,
All bitter frost gone.

“Yes, these tears has the blessing,
That your laughter has been missing,
For the world will never cease breathing,
Even when you denied in believing.”

I wondered “How did he know?”
My hidden shatters others forego,
He said “I have the sight everyone withholds,
My heart sees beyond the bends and folds”.

I gave him my hands to lead,
And saw all wonders I never heed,
My heart soon learnt how to beat,
To the rhythm my soul gleefully skipped.

My rainbow was but shades of grey,
Now vibrant of colours we portray,
My music was but a dull note off tone,
Now our melodious, heavenly hymn upon.

Little did I know, the one in chaos,
Wasn’t him but me, I was so lost,
For the ones who really needed leading,
Are the ones who never realized a thing.

I thank him for showing me the way,
I appreciate him for making my day,
Even though he left me lost again,
He gave me the best yet bargain.

He saw much more when his eyes were blind,
He feels less now after his sight refine,
I now see light though I gave him mine,
I cling to the warmth he left behind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kewl... nice... -_-...

Anonymous said...

Whawww...all rhymed up with deep meanings...very nice!!!

Rain said...

Qing:
Yeah, you know what/who I mean. hehe

Yulie:
Tq, Tq :)