The rains and sunshines of my life: Budding, blooming, and withering...

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A break from 1Si!

Well, yesterday promised some of you people to blog about certain something today, but sorry it had to be postponed again. Cause I couldn’t get hold of any digital camera. No photos wouldn’t do the post any good so just wait patiently.

Anyway, I’m taking leave tomorrow! Yippie! Hehe…. I could just do with a break from 1Si. I wished I had taken it today instead cause this morning it rained, and is now pouring cats and dogs and ducks and chickens outside. So nice to sleep in but I had to pull myself out of bed. *Sigh* Hope it’s like this again tomorrow morning! :)

Actually my leave is not for a break, but rather to give myself time to catch up with the things lagging behind. Too much that I had to take leave to get them done. Hope they will all be settled by tomorrow, but fat chance cause some authority people still hasn’t replied me and I am waiting very anxiously. I guess I will just have to get everything else done before I start rushing that party.

Well, this may be a bit stale already, but still… Just updating on the badminton team’s performance in Commonwealth. Well, the men’s singles and doubles were an all Malaysian affair so not very exciting. Anyway, just for the record, Lee Chong Wei beat Wong Choon Han (21-13, 21-12) to grab the gold. I think it’s high time for Choon Han to bow out from the arena. He has been there, and done it, no reason to feel unsuccessful, but should realize he is no longer in the league.

In the men’s doubles, Chan Choon Ming-Koo Kien Kiat beat the scratch pair Choon Tan Fook-Wong Choon Han. Women’s doubles Wong Pei Tye-Chin Ee Hui also managed to grab the gold (21-17, 21-19) after beating Singaporean pair (I had not bothered to look at the name :P). The only imperfect record would fall in the women’s singles where Mew Choo failed (12-21, 15-21 ) to repeat her brilliance in beating top seeded Tracey Hallam few days ago in the team’s final (27-25, 20-22, 21-18). However, I still think her spirit is there and shouldn’t be blamed for not achieving gold and termed as ‘heart breaking’ by STAR. She had after all suffered a back injury/ pain. Yet she chose to go all out for the team’s event to win the gold. It was very unselfish of her instead of most players’ thinking of ‘sacrificing’ the team’s gold to secure her individual event.

Guang Liang (Michael) has got another new song. Actually it’s been out for some time but I just got the chance to mention it now. It somehow has the same taste of ‘Tong Hua’ but I had never really liked Tong Hua. I really like this one though. This new song of his is Yue Ding (Agreement); the MV also got Tong Hua’s taste. Haha…

It is about a dumb (as in no voice) girl who taught him to play piano until he became really successful. Then when he became successful and famous, the dumb girl left him because she saw he has admirer(s) and thought they (Michael and her) were no longer a match. Then, Michael held a concert (a bit... exactly like Tong Hua concert style) to look for her because they promised to stay apart for 3 years. She came but did not go to her seat. She hid near the exit to listen to his touching ‘Yue Ding’. The last scene is of her calling him (from the place they always went together) and finally let out a ‘sound’ which I have no idea if it meant she had regained her voice. He ran from the auditorium to the place they had always dated. But the girl had already left… :) Watch the MV lah if you want to know the ending. The lyrics is real nice too.

No comments: