The rains and sunshines of my life: Budding, blooming, and withering...

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

IRPS & Ching Ming

I have never been so happy before to be given a book to study on. Hehe… A white book entitled IEEE 2003 IRPS* Tutorial Notes.

*IRPS = International Reliability Physics Symposium

Yes, I’ve finally entered the Reliability section (previously in SPC section) in QRA department. Well, to be honest, I haven’t the chance to read that book yet. HM sent me some online materials for my preparation. I have never read any more interesting theories in EE than the one I have just been in introduced to.

From our very basic P-MOS, N-MOS to CMOS to CHMOS all the way to Electromigration, side hillocks, infant mortality, ESD etc, I never thought I would be so interested to research on these theories stuff. Actually I’m supposed to do the practical testing but of course the theory is as important. It is interesting to understand how these things works. I’ve learnt more than I have in the past 3~4 years in UTP. Now at least, I can visualize my presentation for Ms Suhaila during her second visit. I shall spare you the facts that I find interesting but may bore you to death.

Okays, last weekend was Ching Ming as most people know. Well, it was my second time to go for Ching Ming cause, well, just cause. Anyway, we woke up around like 4++am!!! Gosh, I think it’s been decades sine I ever woke up any earlier than 6am. -_- Slept through the journey back to Bau, and woke up and trotted in the dark (was 6++am) to my grandparent’s grave. Anyway, I was quite fascinated by the stuff e.g. paper cloth, walkman, shoes, shirt, etc. Haha.. Looks like toys to me. :P

After that, my dad wanted to go to his grandparents’ grave further (10th Mile), so we went. I have no idea what to call the traffic condition in that small town that fateful day. The traffic didn’t budge even 1mm. Yes, we stayed stationary for about an hour. I have no idea why the traffic can’t move. But the roundabout was packed 360 degrees round, maybe that’s why. Then dad decided to try another route (the old road). So we turned away from the stationary roundabout. It was a bit better cause it was moving. We snailed our way to the 10th Mile town.

It was burning hot so only Dad and my uncles actually went up to the cemetery. They had to walk as it was impossible to drive. Meanwhile, my mum, my siblings and I went for brunch at this famous prawn kolo mee café. It was as pack as you can imagine and hot too as it was so squashy. The heat and crowd gave me a headache. I am never fond of huge crowds. We waited a long near 2 hours wait for our noodles. My opinion: The prawn kolo mee is nothing special. In fact I don’t find the noodles nice. The only specialty was that they had extra big prawns which probably attracted the crowd in the first place. But it’s never worth the 2 hours wait in the heating crowd. If you like prawns go get some from other market.

I can’t remember my first Ching Ming experience, but this one taught me a big lesson. I shall visit and pay respect to my deceased ancestors on any other day, or days even but never on Ching Ming itself, unless they (JKR) build a highway to all these cemeteries. Can right? Please allow me to do that moyang-moyang yang dikasihi sekalian. I mean Ching Ming is to make sure we go and pay respect and clean up the grave a bit and remember our ancestors. So well, I shall do it too but just on a less crowded day / days. :)

No comments: