The rains and sunshines of my life: Budding, blooming, and withering...

Friday, May 05, 2006

Lunch + Thomas Semifinals

Ehmmm… due to the burning hot weather (otherwise the cats and dogs pour), I seldom, in fact, never initiated lunch outside 1Si (petrol also expensive okay). To me, 1Si’s cafeteria is first-rate enough for me, not to mention it is fully air-conditioned. However, today being SP’s last day in the company, the 6 of us went to JJ café to ‘celebrate’ the day. At first, I thought I’m the only odd one out as I am about as close to the whole team as a stranger with another stranger, but when the whole team arrived, I think all of us had like about 3 words in common, Quality Reliability Assurance (my section). Sad huh…

HM and I arrived first so after HM took a seat, I naturally took a seat opposite. Then when the rest of team arrived, I realized I was at the centre of the table. Wah, sitting there you can feel 101% of the tense vibes of the whole group. Haha… lesson learnt: Never take a seat at the centre when dining with unfamiliar people, centre seats are only for hosts like HM. It’s like wherever I look, or face, I’m bound to ‘meet’ someone’s eye and ‘smile’ and nod. About the lunch, I ordered chicken chop which was more like a stubborn piece of rubber drowned in ultra salty black pepper sauce AND on top of that, JJ people seem to expect you to eat that elastic thing with spoon and fork. Wahliew, it was like working out (hands and fingers) to eat. Some more HM was in front of me! Between embarrassing HM (in the case that my chicken chop does a gymnast flip over), and offending HM (did not finish eating and was HM’s treat), I really could not digest my lunch well. In fact, I can still feel the elastic thing bouncing in my stomach right now… *_* Another lesson learnt: Never order anything hard to eat. Stick with somehing small enough to go in one mouth without the fuss of cutting, cooling etc.

I have no idea why HM even initiated the lunch ‘outing’. It’s worse than having lunch with a total stranger. Anyway, I seem to be the ‘friendliest’ in the whole team. Haha… With the exception that SP and I are closer to each other, the rest are just… I think HM also felt ‘kekok’ about it cause on the way back (in HM’s car), HM admitted the team is super ultra quiet. Sitting alone next to your section manager isn’t exactly the most comforting experience. I “Hmmh”, “Err..”, “ya.. ya”, “Ohh..” and etc throughout the way in the car.

Okay, after lunch I came back and caught up with Thomas Cup results. Lin Dan had already successfully trashed Taufik, and by the time I blogged, Cai Yun & Fu Haifeng had beaten Hadiyanto Luluk & Alven Yulianto. Right now, it is the game between Bao Chun Lai vs. Soni Dwi Kuncoro. Haha seems like my prediction is coming true. China is striding into finals unless Soni becomes Sonic and beats Chun Lai. China is playing such a fierce game that I really doubt Malaysian can win even with a miracle. Haha, I’m speaking as though Danish are sure goners. Well, I expect Denmark to bow out soon unless Malaysian gives us a negative miracle.

Don’t know why this always happens. Stupid proxy error always pops out whenever I’m following the Thomas game. @#$%^&*()!_+@#... *Sigh* After some time, it seems that Telecolm is again at their ‘best’ causing the internet disruption from the entire industrial zone (at least that was what was announced la). Hmmhh, at least now back again. Hope it stays so until Malaysia vs Denmark game. And by now, my prediction that China will be in the finals is already a fact.

Results:

China vs Indonesia ~ 3-0

First Single:
Lin Dan vs Taufik ~ 21-16, 21-8

First Doubles:
Cai Yun/Fu Hai Feng vs Hadiyanto Luluk/Alven Yulianto ~ 24-22, 21-17

Second Single:
Bao Chun Lai vs Soni Dwi Kuncoro ~
21-17, 24-22

_____________________________________________________________

Malaysia vs Denmark ~ 2-3

First Singles:
Lee Chong Wei vs Peter Gade ~ 19-21, 18-21

First Doubles:
Koo Kien Keat/Chan Chong Ming vs Lundgaard Hansen Martin/Eriksen Jens ~ 21-17, 28-30, 21-6

Second Single:
Muhd Hafiz B Hashim
vs Kenneth Jonassen ~ 22-20, 12-21, 17-21

Second Doubles:
Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah
vs Boe Mathias/Mogensen Carsten ~ 21-13, 15-21, 21-19

Third Single:
Kuan Beng Hong vs Persson Joachim
~
12-21, 19-21

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...upset huh? So did i....but nothing to say though...coz i tink even msia did went to final...they wont beat china...China jz too strong. Look at Lin Dan and Bao Chun Lai, plus the world number 1 double....jz...no match i tink....Not looking down at my country but...they nid to train harder especially msia players always seems to be inconsistent

Rain said...

i couldn't agree more. another thing is, ben hong's performance was... spectacular (in a negative way)... after watching so many years of thomas.. i think his performance should've made NEW record for the Msian team, it makes us think if we are THAT short of players... -_-"

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Rain said...

Welcome to my blog and thanks for your support! :)