The rains and sunshines of my life: Budding, blooming, and withering...

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wednesday Wails

Hie! Morning just arrived in office… Rainy day… Wen I walked towards my cubicle I’m quite surprised to see KC’s place empty. Empty; as in no sign of her arrived yet. I guess I’m so used to see her or at least her pencil box/ hp/ signs that shows that she’s here already whenever I arrive. Is she on leave? Or is she later than me for ONCE? Hehe… We’ll see…

Yesterday, I overheard S telling P that Song Rd is full of pirated DVDs sold at RM2 per piece!!! If it’s a 5 pieces DVD drama, it’s RM10. SO cheap! And if it doesn’t work, u get to return them for good ones. Bt according to S, hers were perfect DVD std! I’m gonna hunt for them after work. All the Korean and TVB dramas, here I come!

It’s rainy season in Kuching. Been raining these few days/ whole week… which is great! Rite now, inside office but wheneva I walk down the hall to toilet, I can hear the wind howls and the rain storms heavily down on the glass (wall). And this icebox office is turning into Antarctica. My jacket feels useless. Okla, not Antarcticala since its not snowing… yet.

Remember my malfunctioning car remote? Well, well, what should I say? It’s turned over a new leaf… or not. Put it this way, it turned 360 degree back to its malfunction state but in another way. It’s functioning too well, that it malfunctions. Am I making any sense here? Anyway, now, it automatically locks/ unlocks the car without me touching the button or even the remote itself. Yes, it’s gotten over sensitive. Whenever I bring the keys (+ remote) within the vicinity of the car, the car starts locking, unlocking, locking, unlocking (infinitely)…. automatically. That is until I get in the car and start the engine. Can some Perodua automobile literate ppl tell me wat is wrong with this remote? Isit paying back all the ‘debts’ it owed me the other day when I pressed it infinitely and it didn’t even squeak? Gosh, this remote is driving me nuts so I decided to detach it from my keys and use only keys in future. My rough guess is the stupid rubber (black one) button is getting dislocated. For this latest case, it’s too near to the sensor and touching it even without anyone pressing.

M’sian Thomas Cup team has successfully booked their tickets into the finals in Japan. They beat Indonesia in the semis! Meanwhile, the Uber Cup team just bid farewell to the finals even though they too, had stunned the Indonesian team. More news.

Oh yeah, yesterday CH called me to tell me trainee got no leave (She’s also the one who rejected to accept my application for training here saying they dun accept trainees ~ liar…)! What news! So much for my 4-working-days-a-week plan. Argghh… But TJ told me trainees working longer than 10 weeks are entitled to 10 days! And I’m here for like more than triple that time! I’m gonna find time to HR and get bk my ‘stolen’ leave. :-<

7:51am
KC walking in with her bag; meaning she just arrived. YES! I’m earlier than her for once. Hmm… I wonder why she’s late (later than usual bt not office hour) today.

Feeling a lil sleepy today. Think it’s cos I woke up near 6am (was abt 5:50am)? Yeah, probly most of u, esp those working in KL are used to getting up at that time to squeeze ur way thru LRTs to work, but I’m used to waking up at 7++am mah… I am looking forward to the noon nap today.

It’s halfway through the week and I’m counting down to Friday 5:30pm! Speaking of Friday, SS told me he’s gonna take half day leave on Fri and ask me to take over the PE stuff. Not that I’m complaining of the workload, but he really should train me a lil in these two days instead of totally leaving it to me on Fri when he’s not around to guide me. Well he did briefed me about few weeks back, but really, I need hands on experience before having the confidence to tamper with the system alone unsupervised. He may just have a lil too much confidence in me ever since I rescued his program some time back. I just hope he doesn’t get any heart attack when he returns on Monday. And its not like I can turn to KC for 911, or even JL for that matter since his work is totally technical. The last time I tried, they were totally lost since they were not involved in his section. I guess I have to start communicating with the Inline Section ppl. Okla, lemme go do some self studying and analyzing on the system first. Tata!

No comments: